Winter Hibernation

Hello to my dedicated readers.  If you're reading this, consider yourself dedicated.  I sure haven't been!  This blog is like my waistline: I want to keep it in check, but life is filled with so many other "have to's" that it sits unattended.  Or maybe it's more like a bear in winter hibernation, sleeping in hopes of emerging well-rested.

If you'd like to see a little of my writing elsewhere, head over to puttingonthenew.com where I am found today and on every 15th of each month. Today's post over there is called "Winter Wonder-land?" and spawned from my head about one hour ago.

Keepin' it real, folks.  Keepin' it real.  I just so badly want to write, write, write all day, but God has my lines falling in other pleasant places right now.  (I say "pleasant" at times through a grimace.)  I even missed my assigned day over at Putting on The New, which is NOT GOOD.  I lost track of the date and thought for 100% sure that today was the 15th.  Lost that one day somewhere along with my mind.

For those of you who know me personally, here's an update. (For those of you who don't, you may want to come back another time...)  Since November 17th when I last posted here we:

  • Hosted family Thanksgiving for 16.
  • Kept serving Sundays and Wednesdays for normal church meetings and Care Groups
  • Shopped for Christmas, Decorated for Christmas, Baked for Christmas
  • Attended a free (for school and homeschool kids) performance of NWF Ballet's The Nutcracker (used to be our family tradition)
  • Kept our 15 year old child functioning and academically solvent, finishing well, semester one at the local college
  • Homeschooled 200 lessons divided by 3 students
  • Went to Gatlinburg, TN for 4 days to celebrate our 20th Anniversary!
  • Planned, Decorated for, and Rehearsed all music for our Inaugural Christmas Eve Service at Crossway Community Church, Crestview.
  • Kept in contact with old friends and family (numerous phone, text, and email chats)
  • Drove a minimum of 500 miles per month transporting kids to college and dance.
  • Celebrated New Year's Eve around the firepit with neighbors
  • Took a Day Trip To New Orleans to kick off our new semester
  • Began our new "Crossfire" youth program, headed by Keith and hosted in our home.
Oh yes, we also made sure food was kept in the house, dinner was had, the house was kept relatively clean, and clothes were laundered.  

But first and foremost, we sought, in it all, for God to Be Glorified.  We pray that amidst all our craziness and failed attempts, He took pleasure in us these last few months.

Come back again, folks.  It was good to see you again.

Comments