How Did I Get Here Again?
It's November again. The week of Thanksgiving must bring out the "artiste" in me. I start re-evaluating the decor of my home, the yumminess level of my cooking, and, yep, the fact that my writing/blogging life has gone into hibernation for a year...or two.
In case you missed it, somewhere I mentioned on this blog that I write one post a month for puttingonthenew.com, a Christian Living blog for women. I have been faithfully writing there every fifteenth of the month for almost three years now. Wow! I've been camping out there way longer than I've stayed living in many zip codes! It really has been a blessing, knowing I have accountability to write something down about my walk with God--for hundreds of women to read, even if it's only once a month,
Life back in the US (when, oh when am I going to stop saying this?) has been, at the very least, a huge shift in my pace and schedule. Add to that the reality of having three teenage daughters, both to homeschool thru highschool and to run them to more appointments, classes, and events than I ever thought possible (none of them drive yet). I spend many hours a week gettin' my girls where they need to be. This has not left time for much else, quite frankly. If I get one hour to myself a day...and that's a BIG IF, I confess I usually use it to de-stress by watching something like a Hallmark movie or working my way through Pinterest.
But I do miss blogging here...I think. At this point, I really don't know what this blog would even be about. My girls, for whom I named the blog, "Three Little Birds," aren't so little any more. Posting pictures of them now requires sworn statements and promises made in blood...(OK, I exaggerate). Writing about them, which would make sense since their lives make up about 99.5% o my life, would also need lots of "OK-ing" by them. All in all, I don't know how to transition out of what I once blogged about here to what life is now for me. And then there's the, "Would anyone want to read about that anyway?" question. Or the, "I can't really talk about the most pointed things going on in my life right now because I'd have to share about other people's lives too, and I do not have their permission" thing. Frankly, as a pastor's wife, there's a whole hector of a lot that weighs heavily on my heart daily and weekly, that I just can't share.
So....there's a chance I will simply abolish this blog and let it be an epoch in my life. There's also a chance I will begin a new blog, one dedicated to chronicling my walk with God, with a title that reflects as much. That seems like a logical next step. Thanks for reading this far, friends. I'll post here when and if I decide to take a new blog name. Happy Thanksgiving.
In case you missed it, somewhere I mentioned on this blog that I write one post a month for puttingonthenew.com, a Christian Living blog for women. I have been faithfully writing there every fifteenth of the month for almost three years now. Wow! I've been camping out there way longer than I've stayed living in many zip codes! It really has been a blessing, knowing I have accountability to write something down about my walk with God--for hundreds of women to read, even if it's only once a month,
Life back in the US (when, oh when am I going to stop saying this?) has been, at the very least, a huge shift in my pace and schedule. Add to that the reality of having three teenage daughters, both to homeschool thru highschool and to run them to more appointments, classes, and events than I ever thought possible (none of them drive yet). I spend many hours a week gettin' my girls where they need to be. This has not left time for much else, quite frankly. If I get one hour to myself a day...and that's a BIG IF, I confess I usually use it to de-stress by watching something like a Hallmark movie or working my way through Pinterest.
But I do miss blogging here...I think. At this point, I really don't know what this blog would even be about. My girls, for whom I named the blog, "Three Little Birds," aren't so little any more. Posting pictures of them now requires sworn statements and promises made in blood...(OK, I exaggerate). Writing about them, which would make sense since their lives make up about 99.5% o my life, would also need lots of "OK-ing" by them. All in all, I don't know how to transition out of what I once blogged about here to what life is now for me. And then there's the, "Would anyone want to read about that anyway?" question. Or the, "I can't really talk about the most pointed things going on in my life right now because I'd have to share about other people's lives too, and I do not have their permission" thing. Frankly, as a pastor's wife, there's a whole hector of a lot that weighs heavily on my heart daily and weekly, that I just can't share.
So....there's a chance I will simply abolish this blog and let it be an epoch in my life. There's also a chance I will begin a new blog, one dedicated to chronicling my walk with God, with a title that reflects as much. That seems like a logical next step. Thanks for reading this far, friends. I'll post here when and if I decide to take a new blog name. Happy Thanksgiving.
Comments
Post a Comment