A Week of Ups and Downs

It's a beautiful Friday morning, and we're just about to leave for an apple picking day.  I am rejoicing over the kindness of God this week.  Some fairly minor health issues have been chipping away at us off and on since we arrived in G-burg.  But this week, I had to address a few things for myself.  I love to put things off when it comes to my health, but these were glaring at me!

Suffice it to say, God has been so faithful to me...providing in ways I could never have orchestrated.  And I'm rejoicing that my best friend is also the One who gave his life for me.  Being in a new place, with new people all around has been really exciting and full of the promise of new relationships.  But ultimately, the friendship of God is my constant comfort.  He is my constant companion and friend.  I've being trying to instill this truth in my dear children.  But perhaps I need to hear it just as much. 

Rejoice with me today at the friendship of God.  Marvel at it.  How can it be?  Yet it is!... If you are in Christ.  No matter where you're living, who has befriended or not befriended you, what state of need you are in, God is near.  Christ sticks closer than a brother. 

About time to fly the nest...'til next time....
K

Comments

  1. Thanks for this wonderful reminder, Kristin. It's one I need often. So good to know such a constant companion in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts