facebook for closure
I did make a pun in my title, did I not? Yes, the long and short of it is this: I find that I am a better mom, wife, and friend when I'm not on facebook. Therefore, I am happy to announce that I will not be found there much, if at all. After a few weeks of little to no contact with the world via fb, I find that I am using my time better all around. The few times I have gone on it these last 3-4 weeks, I have been saddened, yet reminded why I needed to withdraw from it in the first place. I fear that as 21st century people and Christians, we are forgetting what true fellowship is. We exchange meaningful conversation for reading two-sentence summaries of someone's life... People cannot be known like that. And if we could be known that easily, all I can say is YIKES!
Other forms of communication take more work, admittedly, but they are worth it because people are worth it. Well, that's all for now. This is a personal conviction, not one I cast onto others. There may come a day when social media is the only way to communicate. But for now, we still have the good ole' telephone, email, and skype. More time consuming, but worth it.
What current technology might God be calling you to evaluate in your life? If He is speaking to you about it, listen. Joy awaits.
Love from the Nest,
Kristin
Other forms of communication take more work, admittedly, but they are worth it because people are worth it. Well, that's all for now. This is a personal conviction, not one I cast onto others. There may come a day when social media is the only way to communicate. But for now, we still have the good ole' telephone, email, and skype. More time consuming, but worth it.
What current technology might God be calling you to evaluate in your life? If He is speaking to you about it, listen. Joy awaits.
Love from the Nest,
Kristin
Comments
Post a Comment