what I'm saying when I'm not saying it...
It's evening. Dinner's been cooked and eaten. School is long done. I'm worn and weary from a day's fullness.
Driving. Teaching. Feeding. Dressing. Teaching. Driving. Feeding. It's my daily cycle.
Repetition is good for memorization, but it fails to replenish me. Unless it's the repetition of the gospel. That's the only repetition that holds.
And I guess that's partly why I don't blog much anymore. I'm not writing the gospel here. It's already been done.
So repeating the things I do each day in writing can seem like venting, or complaining, or seeking affirmation. If I write, I want it to matter. Words are precious. I want them to count...more.
It comes to this...what I'm saying when I'm not saying it is that life is full, days are long, God is working, and I'm learning to expect and pray for more.
In the past three years God has moved, shaken, rebuilt, and fulfilled many dreams. My life isn't happier because of all His work, but my heart is fixed on Him. Christ is the source of all blessing. Christ is at the end of every dream. Christ is what makes life worth enduring and enjoying. He is all. He is enough.
I am fixed. I am content, even when my heart is noisy. I am secure. Christ is enough.
Driving. Teaching. Feeding. Dressing. Teaching. Driving. Feeding. It's my daily cycle.
Repetition is good for memorization, but it fails to replenish me. Unless it's the repetition of the gospel. That's the only repetition that holds.
And I guess that's partly why I don't blog much anymore. I'm not writing the gospel here. It's already been done.
So repeating the things I do each day in writing can seem like venting, or complaining, or seeking affirmation. If I write, I want it to matter. Words are precious. I want them to count...more.
It comes to this...what I'm saying when I'm not saying it is that life is full, days are long, God is working, and I'm learning to expect and pray for more.
In the past three years God has moved, shaken, rebuilt, and fulfilled many dreams. My life isn't happier because of all His work, but my heart is fixed on Him. Christ is the source of all blessing. Christ is at the end of every dream. Christ is what makes life worth enduring and enjoying. He is all. He is enough.
I am fixed. I am content, even when my heart is noisy. I am secure. Christ is enough.
Comments
Post a Comment