If you ever sit on the other side
 |
| Love the view into our yard |
of the computer and view the homes of other people, envy can rear its ugly head. I haven't been on any decorating blogs in a long time, but had a whim to do so today. Here's what I discovered: everyone's house can look good from the right perspective.
I decided to do a little picture taking of my own and discovered what I see in the camera is pretty wonderful. Here are some shots I took:
 |
| My dining corner...I love this look, but didn't love it as much until I saw the photo! |
 |
The great room...stuff thrown helter-skelter. Some people might think there are too many patterns going on :)
Work in progress. What we want to do is line that big back wall with built-ins. Can you say $$? |
 |
| entry way...do you like the swiffer? |
 |
| Pictures from a thrift store, shelf I made from old bed slats |
 |
| Little touches I love. .. |
The point is, envy can well up when we look at others' lives, so we should stop. Instead, lets take a new perspective on our own lives and thank God. Maybe that means I shouldn't even post pictures of my home, because it could make you envy me. I assure you, if I showed you your house in its "best light" too, you would think it more wonderful than you currently do. So, what changes can you make today to love it more? Clean it? Move furniture around? Hang those pictures you have sitting in the basement? A little effort to love and be grateful goes a long way.
Comments
Post a Comment