Just Doing Something

Well, two years since the last post is a blip on the radar if you consider the intertestamental period of the Bible. 400 years or so of silence in the Word of God should be much more of an attention-getter than my flimsy 2 year hiatus. By now, any readers I once had are probably gone. I am ok with that. Starting fresh means fresh everything. New posts. New readers. New life circumstances. Same God. Same motivation. Same husband. Same children. Same writer. Same me...sort of.

My last post was a life-update that was long overdue in its time. Now, here I am two years later, and everything has changed again. My girls are now 22, 20, and 18. ALL ADULTS! I am about to graduate my last little homeschool chick from the coop and I rejoice as I think about the 15 years of homeschooling the Lord enabled US ALL to plod through.  He was always faithful, even when I veered from my path. He was always good, even when my attitude wasn't. He was always there to propel me on, even when I considered lots of other schooling options along the way.  He kept me going. He kept my daughters going.

Even so, God has moved us on. We finished 6 years of loving and serving our Crestview, FL church just about a year ago, and have re-located to the Space Coast of Florida, where Keith has taken up the lead pastoring role for Risen Life Church of Melbourne, FL. We moved amidst a (reported) pandemic, the most volatile election year of our lives (so far) as well as the most volatile year for many things in our country and world. To say I would not want to repeat 2020 would be inaccurate. Many wonderful things were given to us in 2020. We found blessings that came in both tender and trying mercies. Our faith has grown. Our understanding of God and his Word has grown. Our understanding of the role of the Church in the world has grown. Our gratitude for the unchanging nature of our God and Savior has grown. Our awareness of God's activity in working through the prayers of His people has grown. 

I cannot remember a year that has moved at a faster pace than these last twelve months. I know that won't be everyone's take on 2020-2021, but it is definitely the truth here. And gurgling up in the midst of all the good, all the change, all the weirdness, is this continued desire to write and to share the goodness of God in the land of the living. Today I read a blog post entitled "Don't Be Precious" by Rhett Burns found here:https://getyourhouseinorder.substack.com/p/gyhio-13-dont-be-precious  I recommend it. As a chronic but prayerfully changing perfectionist, I can get stuck in the weeds of perfectionistic ideals so much it freezes me in my place...like the frozen animals held captive in the White Witch's castle. With God's help, I keep breaking patterns of "not doing it" or "putting it off" because it isn't perfect yet. I know that "when the perfect comes," as I Corinthians 13:10 says, all will finally be made right and I will cease to strive for earthly perfection. It is a poor god--perfectionism. It over-promises and under-delivers. 

Further on from here, I hope to truly share much of what has been on my heart this year amidst the roaring waves of culture and society. I am a deep thinker, but often what I think stays put within me, or at least within the safe four walls of my home, and society is none the wiser. Little is known of my views, convictions and rooted beliefs, and I feel the pulling to change that. This blog may not be the most visited place I dwell, but it is one place. I will try out my thoughts in writing here, and if anything seems worth reposting, I may do so in a more public forum.  So, here goes nothing. And as G.K. Chesterton said, "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly."

Comments

Popular Posts