menu successes
I'm trying to keep up with my menu posts...partly for you, but mostly for me to remind myself what we've eaten in a week or month's time.
LAST WEEK
Monday: Taco Skillet Rice,
which is Joanne Kinderwater's recipe in the Crossway cookbook. Tasty and fast! (this is date night for us, so I make something quick for the kiddos to eat)
Tuesday: Dinner out with Aunt Carol. Delicious Hamburgers and fries at a "nice" restaurant.
Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, bread, salad
Thursday: Best Ever Potato Soup. Salad. Fruit. (Had a friend and her daughter over for dinner, and they totally agreed that the soup was the "best ever!" Recipe from a cookbook dad gave me)
Friday: Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese), Salad. Fruit.
Saturday Breakfast: French Toast, Bacon. Fresh Grapefruit juice
Lunch: Crockpot Mac-n-Cheese (a Paula Deen recipe!), Fruit
Dinner: (kids only) Honey Mustard Chicken, egg noodles, applesauce
Sunday: Lunch: Little Caesar's Pizza (cheap is the word!) Fruit
Dinner: leftovers
Also had to bring a snack to a birthday party, so I made peanut butter apple dip from a Taste of Home recipe...just a block of cream cheese, a cup of peanut butter, a cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup milk. Blend til smooth and serve with sliced apples. (I pour lemon juice on my apples to keep them from browning too much). This dip was a great find! I'll use it again.
THIS WEEK
Monday: Fettucine Alfredo (from my Cousin Jayne's recipe), Salad, Fruit
Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Bread, Fruit/Applesauce
Wednesday: Taco Bake, Lima Beans
Thursday: TBD
LAST WEEK
Monday: Taco Skillet Rice,
which is Joanne Kinderwater's recipe in the Crossway cookbook. Tasty and fast! (this is date night for us, so I make something quick for the kiddos to eat)
Tuesday: Dinner out with Aunt Carol. Delicious Hamburgers and fries at a "nice" restaurant.
Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, bread, salad
Thursday: Best Ever Potato Soup. Salad. Fruit. (Had a friend and her daughter over for dinner, and they totally agreed that the soup was the "best ever!" Recipe from a cookbook dad gave me)
Friday: Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese), Salad. Fruit.
Saturday Breakfast: French Toast, Bacon. Fresh Grapefruit juice
Lunch: Crockpot Mac-n-Cheese (a Paula Deen recipe!), Fruit
Dinner: (kids only) Honey Mustard Chicken, egg noodles, applesauce
Sunday: Lunch: Little Caesar's Pizza (cheap is the word!) Fruit
Dinner: leftovers
Also had to bring a snack to a birthday party, so I made peanut butter apple dip from a Taste of Home recipe...just a block of cream cheese, a cup of peanut butter, a cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup milk. Blend til smooth and serve with sliced apples. (I pour lemon juice on my apples to keep them from browning too much). This dip was a great find! I'll use it again.
THIS WEEK
Monday: Fettucine Alfredo (from my Cousin Jayne's recipe), Salad, Fruit
Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Bread, Fruit/Applesauce
Wednesday: Taco Bake, Lima Beans
Thursday: TBD
All of the meals we ate with you guys was delicious! Now you have to come visit us.
ReplyDelete-Alyssa