a few poems to share
I've been trying to re-capture my love for writing again. Poetry, songs, words. So here are a few poems that I wrote today. These are a glimpse into my day, my thoughts.
Awake
Waking slowly, like coming up for air
The night-dream cut short by some urge to breathe morning.
Brisk steeping coffee, quiet light, and furrowed brow...
My beloved: thinking, soaking, levying this knowledge.
"Good morning..." I rub his stooped shoulders
He reaches back and grabs my hand
The day begins. And I find my place on the made-up bed.
Pillows plumped to keep me upright
Bible open to lead me aright.
And the letters from my Maker reach my heart and mind and soul.
History and prophecy and poetry all breathed by God.
Transmitting through all these eras to me, in this room, on this bed, on this day.
I awake for the second time this morning. Ah yes. These words are life-giving.
Waking sleepy heads, and sleepy souls.
And words do for the spirit what coffee did for the body. I am awake.
The Calling
They'll be up soon, and all this quiet spoiled.
But not really. Spoiled perhaps, but not ruined.
They day will begin for them. And I will meet them in it.
Awake. Awake to help and hold and train.
My high calling. I never could have guessed it all those years ago.
So I set my mind aright. For they will see through me.
See through my selfish wants for peace and quiet and ease.
And they will be right to see me there, in my selfish state.
So I must ask God's help. Let it be Him they see.
His helping, His holding, His training.
Let me disappear before them. And let all they see be You.
My high calling. My moment-by-moment calling.
I must decrease, that You might increase. For my sake, for their sake, for Your Name's sake.
Let the day begin.
Comments
Post a Comment