what's going on here...

Well, two things you may see going on in this picture are: weight loss (woo-hoo!) and packing (also woo-hoo!).

I am feeling so motivated toward both, and God is giving the grace to "get-r-done!"  14-15 pounds have been shed since April 25th.  And while I'm praying for another 14-15 before we ship off to Nassau, I am content.  

I continue to marvel at God's timing.  For 7 years I've wanted to lose this weight, but I can see that the timing was poor for me.  Now, on the horizon of a very new phase in life for our family, God is making a way for me to do this.  I told the girls that mommy wants to be able to go to the beach without always feeling so self-conscious about a bathing suit.  I have passed up so many opportunities to swim with my children over the years because of my pride in this area.  But in the Bahamas, beach life and the pool will be at our disposal 12 months out of the year, and if I want to engage in these years with my girls, I've got to get in with them!  I also realized that I was forever shying away from having my picture taken...and I missed out on so many opportunities to make pictorial memories with my friends and family, again due to pride!

This is quite life-changing.  And I pray God will enable me to live with healthy habits again once the initial weight is gone. 

We're also "shedding" alot of "stuff" here in the Bunting home.  All of our furniture will go to family or charity.  We've made a list of 25 boxes, and into these all of our earthly possessions will have to fit.  That is very freeing!  Yearbooks, hundreds of photos that we've not looked at in 15 years, clothing, odds and ends, toys the girls have outgrown...they're all on their way out.  And it feels so wonderful to lose it.  It's wonderful because what we're gaining is the fulfillment of God's call.  Moving to Nassau, setting up a home there, knitting ourselves into the church and culture there, and having the opportunity to expand God's kingdom through the spread of the gospel all stands before us.  The only hardship in any of this is saying good-bye to our friends and family.  Dear people God has knit with us all these years.  But we aren't' losing them.  Just growing a bond that will have to be nutured more intentionally.  Thank heaven for Skype!   Well...in the spirit of this post, I am off to pack and purge this house.  Prayers appreciated!

Comments

  1. We will definitely pray for you guys. I'm glad Kara is feeling better. We can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "shedding" feeling when it comes to possessions. So good to remember how little we truly need, and how rich our joy can be without our precious stuff.

    Also... wowza. Lookin' good, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment