a time to be born
Jesu Noel. God with us, Emmanuel. The holy nativity. Of the Father's Love Begotten. Unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given.
Aren't these some of the most poetic words? I love them. But what's more, I love the One they signify. Christmas, the celebration of Christ's incarnation, is my favorite time of year. I think what I love most is the idea that God gave to us. Period. He gave. And he didn't just give us salvation, he gave it in a way that cost him dearly. He gave us his most dearly loved thing...His Son. Only son. To us. We didn't know him, love him, fear him as we ought or care for him. Yet He gave anyway. Too generous. Yet for us to live eternally, it was completely what was needed. The too generous gift was the absolutely necessary gift we received. So come, let us adore him. Come ye to Bethlehem where we behold him born, the king of angels. O come let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
Aren't these some of the most poetic words? I love them. But what's more, I love the One they signify. Christmas, the celebration of Christ's incarnation, is my favorite time of year. I think what I love most is the idea that God gave to us. Period. He gave. And he didn't just give us salvation, he gave it in a way that cost him dearly. He gave us his most dearly loved thing...His Son. Only son. To us. We didn't know him, love him, fear him as we ought or care for him. Yet He gave anyway. Too generous. Yet for us to live eternally, it was completely what was needed. The too generous gift was the absolutely necessary gift we received. So come, let us adore him. Come ye to Bethlehem where we behold him born, the king of angels. O come let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
Comments
Post a Comment