what we're up to these days
Life in 2013 has been somewhat eventful so far. Re-entering the Bahamas after 15 days in the U.S. was much more welcoming than I anticipated. Starting up school last week after our long break was not as difficult as I'd feared. And then last week's churchwide consecration through fasting and prayer, with meetings every night, was more of a blessing than I'd planned on.
I'm sure the Lord never tires of showing us how much higher his ways and thoughts are! If only we'd trust him first and not allow anxiousness to grip us... One of the prayers I was praying during our break in the U.S. was that God would renew my love and desire to be in the Bahamas. Christmas time was particularly disappointing here for my heart. Keith has helped me see how nostalgic I am toward the Christmas season and how that hinders me from "letting in" the very different experience of being in a foreign country and a tropical climate during that season. Being back in Butler, PA brought back many comfy feelings...snow falling beautifully, shopping of every kind made so easy, restaurants aplenty...being with family and friends. I was starting to slip into "We have to move back the U.S." mode! So I was fearing our re-entry to the Bahamas. But God met me, met us...the girls. From the time I could see the little island from the plane and name some of the locations from the air, to stepping into the familiar airport with the steel drum band playing, to the warm friendliness of our luggage man-helper, I was quickly made to feel at ease and at home again. Let me assure you, I know this was ALL OF GOD to work in my heart and emotions in such a way. And I am so grateful. Since we've been back just a little over a week now, God continues to build love and faith for being here in my heart. We have a wonderful church. The people of Kingdom Life Church are full of love for us and for one another. Full of love and adoration for Christ. Our pastor preaches faithfully and provokes me to study God's word. His wife, Alexine, is a warm, faithful friend and sister in Christ who exudes joy. One of our couple-friends here is taking us with them to Andros, another island, for a few days. They are treating us to a little "get away" at their expense! This is such a treat for us and just demonstrates the generosity of the people here.
And tomorrow we have the very fun experience of meeting up with friends from our Lancaster, PA church!! They arrive on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow morning, and we have the treat of showing them around our island for the day. I think Keith is in 7th heaven! Only when we lived 30 minutes outside New York City did he get to have the privilege of being a tour guide like this!
I know temptation will come again... to be frustrated with living here. Immigration, high rates of duty, power bills than defy our budget... But I will remember the steadfast love of the Lord never changes. I will remember what he did in these last few weeks. I will remember to trust him, who makes all things work for his glory and my good.
I'm sure the Lord never tires of showing us how much higher his ways and thoughts are! If only we'd trust him first and not allow anxiousness to grip us... One of the prayers I was praying during our break in the U.S. was that God would renew my love and desire to be in the Bahamas. Christmas time was particularly disappointing here for my heart. Keith has helped me see how nostalgic I am toward the Christmas season and how that hinders me from "letting in" the very different experience of being in a foreign country and a tropical climate during that season. Being back in Butler, PA brought back many comfy feelings...snow falling beautifully, shopping of every kind made so easy, restaurants aplenty...being with family and friends. I was starting to slip into "We have to move back the U.S." mode! So I was fearing our re-entry to the Bahamas. But God met me, met us...the girls. From the time I could see the little island from the plane and name some of the locations from the air, to stepping into the familiar airport with the steel drum band playing, to the warm friendliness of our luggage man-helper, I was quickly made to feel at ease and at home again. Let me assure you, I know this was ALL OF GOD to work in my heart and emotions in such a way. And I am so grateful. Since we've been back just a little over a week now, God continues to build love and faith for being here in my heart. We have a wonderful church. The people of Kingdom Life Church are full of love for us and for one another. Full of love and adoration for Christ. Our pastor preaches faithfully and provokes me to study God's word. His wife, Alexine, is a warm, faithful friend and sister in Christ who exudes joy. One of our couple-friends here is taking us with them to Andros, another island, for a few days. They are treating us to a little "get away" at their expense! This is such a treat for us and just demonstrates the generosity of the people here.
And tomorrow we have the very fun experience of meeting up with friends from our Lancaster, PA church!! They arrive on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow morning, and we have the treat of showing them around our island for the day. I think Keith is in 7th heaven! Only when we lived 30 minutes outside New York City did he get to have the privilege of being a tour guide like this!
I know temptation will come again... to be frustrated with living here. Immigration, high rates of duty, power bills than defy our budget... But I will remember the steadfast love of the Lord never changes. I will remember what he did in these last few weeks. I will remember to trust him, who makes all things work for his glory and my good.
Our church had a week of fasting and prayer last week too! :) I am so excited to come see you guys!
ReplyDelete