my word for 2013..."revive"

Last year about this time, I noticed many of the bloggers I followed were choosing words to help set the tone for what they would pray for/change/set goals toward for that year.  I chose the word "Renew."  And in so many ways, 2012 was a year of renewal for me, for us.  We renewed our path of pastoral ministry as Keith graduated Pastor's College and we stepped into full-time ministry after an 8 year lapse. 

Personal renewal was gained as I joined Take Shape for Life and lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks.  The girls found a renewing aspect as we changed our homeschool curriculum and they each have had to "step up" in the area of academics.  We've renewed our family life as we have set up our homestead in a foreign country and learned to cling to one another all the more.  We've seen hearts renewed as two of our girls were baptized soon after we moved to Nassau.  Yes, there've been many renewals this year.

So, as I look forward to 2013, the word "Revive" seems to naturally rise to my thoughts.  "To regain life, consciousness or strength.  To resurrect.  To quicken."  These are the definitions I am clinging to as I claim my word for the year.  Now that we are back in ministry, back to a healthy weight, back to looking at life in terms of "What will I do with the rest of my life?" I sense a need to be quickened, to be strengthened.  I'll also be turning 40 this year.  Who doesn't need revived at 40?  But actually, I'm more excited about turning 40 than I was about turning 30.  I love seeing how God works over the decades of my life.  I also realize the confidence in God that develops as I see his faithfulness in the days, weeks, months and years of this life.  This gives me more gusto as I look toward the future.  As I anticipate things like preparing my girls for college, discipling them more as they embrace their individual walks with the Lord, and growing in my love for God, His word, and His people, I need revived.  May it be so, Lord.  May it be so.

Comments

Popular Posts