birthday's a comin'

 Guess who's turning 10 this week?  My baby!!  I can't believe it's been almost a decade since my last baby was born.  (enter: tears, sighs).  But what a delight this little blond fairy has been to her family.   She is all things feminine.  I mean, really.  For Christmas her wish list included everything from a makeup set, to Barbies, to a dress and purse.  She takes after me the most of my three beauties in this area.  Pink is her favorite color...just like mine!  So today I baked her chocolate cupcakes (by request) with pink icing.  I always bake the girls a cake and decorate it, but this year I had it easy with Kendall!  Pink and brown are a naturally pretty combo, so the effect is just cute and girly!  Tomorrow after church, she will have a special friend over and we will take everyone to Mario's, a bowling alley/family fun place.   I've been enjoying watching this youngest girlie grow from sweet baby, to affectionate girl, to (lately) a mother hen in her own right.  How she loves babies!  Both real and doll -types.  At church, Kendall is a little mommy to a few of the younger girls and she really shines in that role.  She is always thinking of things to take to church to entertain the little ones.  She has a lovely singing voice and enjoys cooking and baking.  She is a quick learner and especially enjoys studying science.  And lately, she's been speaking some very wise things.  A few days ago we were discussing how some people seem to make a profession of faith at a young age, but then fall away from the Lord later in life.  Kendall said earnestly, "Then I guess I would rather die young than to risk growing older and turning away from God. "  I love this girl.  My favorite family video of her is when she was about to turn three.  I put the camera on her and said, "Kendall how old are you today?"  She stuck up her fingers...4 of them, beamed at the camera and said with a huge smile, "Fwee!" 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts