Let it go, Let it go...
If I hear the Disney song "Let it Go" one more time, I may have to hurt myself. But these days "let it go" seems to be the refrain of my life. Friday afternoon our shipping company came and took the 31 "boxes" (some were really things like chest coolers and Sterilite containers) to the dock. Tomorrow they set sail. Here is a picture of the event:
Yes it was a great relief to "let it go." (Not such a relief to see my husband sweating to death in the stagnant 87+ heat while loading each box.) The shipping man stood on the truck bed shrink-wrapping while Keith hoisted each box from house to truck. Well, at least it improved his appetite. One thing I've not mentioned is that my dear husband has lost about 30 pounds since moving here...and he wasn't large to begin with. So every little bit of extra food goes to him when I can help it. I pray he is able to gain back at least ten when we become Florida residents.
Another "let it go" moment recently occurred with a person I have tried and tried to understand, but for whatever reason has said some very painful things to me "point blank." I believe there is much to pray for there, but God is closing off that relationship and as my sweet husband said, "See it as God's kindness...He's making it easier to leave." Yes, I can let it go. And it has caused me to look more at my own self...the fact that Christ died for me while I was still "his enemy." Amazing Love. I need that kind of love...the kind that loves someone no matter what they say or do to me.
And finally, the hardest "let it go"...our friends here. Oh, God has been kind to us. Yesterday, both at church and after, I spent time talking with some of the dearest folks I've ever known. We will be adding them as "lifetime friends" to our short list. You know, the kind of friends that, no matter how far apart or how long it's been, you relate again like it was yesterday? Yes, God has given that to us here. And as we leave, little pieces of our hearts will stay with them. So maybe what we're letting go isn't our friends here, but pieces of ourselves...letting pieces of us stay on here...with them.
Well, I should go. Lots still to do. We hope to leave this rental home better than we found it and that'll take some good old fashioned cleaning and elbow grease. Thankfully, today is cooler and rainy...perfect weather for work. 'Til next time...

Comments
Post a Comment