what's goin' on
I figure blogging once a month is better than nothing, right? Oh, it's in my heart and mind to blog. Little bits and pieces are always right on the tip of my fingers...but time escapes me.
I have never, I repeat NEVER been so busy for so long. Forget the word "season," this is a new LIFESTYLE. Driving, teaching, and keeping the house running pretty much fill all but 1 hour a day lately, and that hour is used up by either quiet time with God or eating a meal.
Blogging is just not making the cut. Instead, you can find my composition skills at work helping my 15 year old who is taking Freshman Comp I at the local college. How did I ever think I wanted to teach at a college level? Yeah, no. No thanks.
And my 15-y is also taking Spanish I at the local college, which means plennnnnnty of extra work on my part. Now add in the commute to said college: 20 miles one way, which I drive to and from twice a week and my hubby drives once a week. Then there's my 13-y's ballet classes, which are 23 miles or so away, and take place a few times a week. Then there's co-op once a week. I teach writing there every other week. Seriously, I'm watching my life be sucked into something I never wanted...or did I?
But God is in it. My family is doing well, overall. "Thriving" might be a stretch, but "doing well" is pretty accurate.
In October we:
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and we are hosting Keith's whole family this year. This is exciting for us. 16 of us will all be together for a holiday this year. His parents would be so happy! But they're having their own kind of happy with Jesus, and we will join them one day.
I have never, I repeat NEVER been so busy for so long. Forget the word "season," this is a new LIFESTYLE. Driving, teaching, and keeping the house running pretty much fill all but 1 hour a day lately, and that hour is used up by either quiet time with God or eating a meal.
Blogging is just not making the cut. Instead, you can find my composition skills at work helping my 15 year old who is taking Freshman Comp I at the local college. How did I ever think I wanted to teach at a college level? Yeah, no. No thanks.
And my 15-y is also taking Spanish I at the local college, which means plennnnnnty of extra work on my part. Now add in the commute to said college: 20 miles one way, which I drive to and from twice a week and my hubby drives once a week. Then there's my 13-y's ballet classes, which are 23 miles or so away, and take place a few times a week. Then there's co-op once a week. I teach writing there every other week. Seriously, I'm watching my life be sucked into something I never wanted...or did I?
But God is in it. My family is doing well, overall. "Thriving" might be a stretch, but "doing well" is pretty accurate.
In October we:
- attended a Worship Conference in New Orleans (2 days)
- attended my brother's wedding in South Carolina (and handled all the music) (3 days)
- stayed with good friends from our Pastors' College class while in SC
- attended our family of churches' Pastors' Conference in Nashville/saw the Mosses and Seeleys and lots of friends from Lancaster and the Pastors' College. (6 days)
- helped Keith's brother and sis-in-law move in to our town
- kept up with ordinary life (sort of)
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and we are hosting Keith's whole family this year. This is exciting for us. 16 of us will all be together for a holiday this year. His parents would be so happy! But they're having their own kind of happy with Jesus, and we will join them one day.
Comments
Post a Comment