Oh the People You'll Meet
You know, I've always been amazed at how God brings people together. But when it's me and someone I really never imagined meeting, it causes me to take a few steps back and ponder the why and what for of it. This year, we get the amazing gift of knowing Gary and Betsy Ricucci. Now, as I've blogged before, some people, like my 9 year old, refer to them as "famous people." But what's so meaningful to me are the moments when I run into Betsy/and or Gary in the grocery store. This has happened a few times while we've been here, and today was one of them. Betsy's eyes lit up, she embraced me and we proceeded to stand there near the fruit having a meaningful conversation.
I hope I can treat people with half the love that Betsy does. She loves the Savior, and she loves the people he died to save.
Then, we had the gift of Brittany Kaufflin over for dinner tonight. Now I didn't share this with Brittany, but when I was about 16, I remember hearing her dad perform with his group GLAD at Toccoa Falls College Campus Preview. It would have been about 1989. I think that's the year Brittany was born....hmmmm. Interesting. Now here she is, in our home, having dinner with our family. I hadn't even met Keith yet when I attended that Campus Preview. Here we are 23 years later, with our children meeting Brittany.... Does this even slightly sound cool to you like it does to me? And even cooler is the fact that we had never even heard of Sovereign Grace back then. Yet here we are, in this movement with Bob Kaufflin, who I heard sing all those years ago back at TFC where I met Keith. I don't know, it just strikes me as extremely kind of God to let all these little pieces of our lives link together.
So who have you met lately? Who have you needed to call back? Who did you meet briefly years ago that may have just lately re-entered your life? God has a purpose. He will make it plain. Rejoice that one day, all these relationships in Christ will be forever united and made to last as we sing the praises of our Savior!
I hope I can treat people with half the love that Betsy does. She loves the Savior, and she loves the people he died to save.
Then, we had the gift of Brittany Kaufflin over for dinner tonight. Now I didn't share this with Brittany, but when I was about 16, I remember hearing her dad perform with his group GLAD at Toccoa Falls College Campus Preview. It would have been about 1989. I think that's the year Brittany was born....hmmmm. Interesting. Now here she is, in our home, having dinner with our family. I hadn't even met Keith yet when I attended that Campus Preview. Here we are 23 years later, with our children meeting Brittany.... Does this even slightly sound cool to you like it does to me? And even cooler is the fact that we had never even heard of Sovereign Grace back then. Yet here we are, in this movement with Bob Kaufflin, who I heard sing all those years ago back at TFC where I met Keith. I don't know, it just strikes me as extremely kind of God to let all these little pieces of our lives link together.
So who have you met lately? Who have you needed to call back? Who did you meet briefly years ago that may have just lately re-entered your life? God has a purpose. He will make it plain. Rejoice that one day, all these relationships in Christ will be forever united and made to last as we sing the praises of our Savior!
Sounds like you are enjoying Betsy as much as I did! That woman is a gem. Give her a squeeze from me!!
ReplyDelete