Falls are always special places...
Keith and I met at our alma mater, Toccoa Falls College. It's beautiful there. Saturday, we hiked a few miles to Cunningham Falls at Catoctin Mtn. Park. It was beautiful there too. Then on Monday, we hiked (well, it was really just walking on a flat path, then a boardwalk...) to Great Falls here in the area. Wow. The rushing water...the boulders, the force of the current...it was almost scary. Above are a few pictures of the glorious place... Ok, so I sneaked in a few pictures of all of us and some friends... Thought you might like that too! The funny thing about Great Falls was how loose and rickety the handrails were atop the highest part of the walking bridge. Check out the Bunting family picture and you'll see the loose handrails. Yep, one good shake-a-de-dake, and those sisters would have popped right off. One of the girls said maybe they were shaken loose during the earthquake several weeks ago. Who knows? But all I know is someone needs to fasten those things down tight!! 18 people a year die from "falling" in to those falls. Hmmm. The sign that announced that didn't tell where the people usually fall in. I have some guesses. Anyhoo...we had a marvelous day. In fact, there were several painters there creating their artwork on the banks of the water. And, drumroll.....ta-ta-ta-ta.....Keaton and her friend G. made it into one of the paintings! Unbelievable! The man observed them squatting down low looking into the calm water near the bank, and he painted them right into his lovely scene. We would have loved to have gotten a photo of his work, but we figured there was some kind of artist's protection plan or something. So we just let it be. Someday, maybe you or I will be strolling through a little art gallery and boom! You'll see my sweet girl captured forever in a painting. ah.....




Comments
Post a Comment